Pretty medieval manuscript of the day is a depiction of St Philip. Today is his feast day, so it’s a good time to take a look at him. He is usually depicted as an old man, often with a cross - so we can be pretty sure it’s him in this illumination! The image is very pale, which makes me wonder whether the illustration has actually been completed.
Image source: Book of Hours. Image declared as public domain on Wikimedia Commons because its copyright has expired.
- dbmurphy likes this
- lolingatliberals likes this
- gloriesofthewest reblogged this from jothelibrarian
- phallusifer9 reblogged this from jothelibrarian
- missmosnarylime reblogged this from jothelibrarian and added:
- jothelibrarian posted this